As in any other big city, it is important to consider personal safety. For this reason:
- Keep an eye on your luggage. Use large and colorful labels to identify them easily on airport conveyor belts or delivery balconies.
- Change your money only in exchange houses or authorized bank agencies. Do not accept help from strangers like luggage porters and agents in airports.
- Only use official taxi stands or taxis from the cooperatives indicated by the event organisation.
- Always keep your belongings in sight, especially in open areas, like restaurants, snack bars, parks, and even in the event's venue. Don't leave backpacks, purses, bags, photo or video cameras hanging on chairs or on the floor.
- Don't wear expensive looking jewelry and watches.
- Try not to carry large amounts of cash.
- Don't disclose your personal data to unknown persons and avoid carrying passports and travel checks when you go for a walk or a drive. In case of loss, theft or robbery, report the fact immediately to the local police.
- For your peace of mind, use the hotel's safe to keep valuable objects, your documents, passport and airplane tickets, and use photocopies of your documents when you go out.
- If you go out for a walk or to public and open areas, keep your belongings near to your body and avoid going out alone. It's recommended to avoid going out carrying your laptop or other electronic devices.
- If you need to go to a cash machine, preferably use those located in malls (shopping centers) or banks. Avoid cash machines on streets or dark places. If you need help, always ask an employee of the bank.